Year 7 Transition Program
We recognise that the move from primary to secondary school can be a big change for each student and their family.
All of our Year 7 students are involved in the comprehensive Transition Program that provides a firm foundation for secondary education.
Specially-tailored programs begin well before a student arrives at Star:
Your daughter's Mentor plays a critical role in the transition from primary to secondary school, is accessible on a daily basis, and is the first person to go to with any questions about life at Star.
- All students undertake a literacy and numeracy test on a Saturday morning in October
- this data, together with information from your daughter's primary school, assists us in forming our homeroom groups so that the learning potential for all students is maximised
- parents receive a copy of the testing report
- An information evening is held in Term 3 for parents (students do not attend this event)
- Students attend Orientation in early December