We recognise that the move from primary to secondary school can be a big change for each student and their family.
All of our Year 7 students are involved in the comprehensive Transition Program that provides a firm foundation for secondary education.
Specially-tailored programs begin well before a student arrives at Star:
Your daughter's Mentor plays a critical role in the transition from primary to secondary school, is accessible on a daily basis, and is the first person to go to with any questions about life at Star.
- All students undertake a literacy and numeracy test on a Saturday morning in October
- This data, together with information from your daughter's primary school, assists us in forming our homeroom groups so that the learning potential for all students is maximised
- An information evening is held each October for parents
- Students attend orientation in early December at the College
YEAR 7 2019 KEY TRANSITION DATES
Saturday 13 October 2018: the SKILLS TESTING morning (students bring their own morning tea) - 8.45am to 12.30pm - all families will receive more information before the event
Wednesday 24 October 2018: the PARENT INFORMATION EVENING (parents only) - 7pm sharp
Monday 3 December 2018: Student Orientation Day - 8.45am to 1pm
- Allow time for travel and parking
- Students bring a pencil case, snack, drink bottle of water and a hat
- Students will be welcomed in Presentation Place by staff and the Year 7 2018 Captains
- Students will meet their Mentor and Mentor Group
- There will be 'get to know you' activities & taste-testing of classes
- Students will be allocated their locker and take home the lock to familiarise themselves with it over the holidays (bring it on the first day in 2019)